Before carrying out any search engine optimization techniques on your website, infact before even creating a website, there are several points you must know that will help you skyrocket your site to greater heights as long as search engine results is concerned.
There are also several questions you need to ask yourself before embarking on any SEO strategies.The few questions you need to ask are:
- STRONG COMMITMENT: SEO isn’t just a one-time event as it requires long-term investment of time and resources to finally achieve the desired goals (High search result rankings and web traffic). Achieving a higher SERP rankings takes time spanning from months to years, depending on the strategies you use. Also SEO tactics changes periodically so what works at a time might not work again later. you just need to keep updating yourself to the latest methods that currently work out.
- BE CRITICAL WHEN HIRING AN SEO COMPANY: Here, you need to ask lot of questions. get to know the techniques and strategies they use. Ask about the time frame. is there any risk involved? These questions and more will guide you to pick the best company that suits your website needs.
KEYWORDS: Do a thorough research to know that best keywords phrases that will lead to high conversions. you can use tools like Google ad-word and analytic. i suggest you go for low competitive keywords.
- UNIQUE CONTENT: Be creative and distinct in your web content. Avoid plagiarism. Do not copy any content from other websites, instead do research and write one that will be of great benefit to readers. Keep it fresh and updated at all times.
- SEO-FRIENDLY URLs: Make use of related keywords that are search-engine friendly, but don’t overdo it to avoid looking spammy.
- USE KEYWORDS AS ANCHOR TEXT LINKS: When adding links, use keywords that are related to your web content as anchor text. Google spiders uses anchor text to know what a link-to page is all about. Anchor text like ”Click Here” does nothing to improve your website visibility
- LINK BUILDING: This is very crucial in ranking your website. We highly recommend you go for MANUAL link building to avoid getting your site penalized or banned due to spammy low quality backlinks. When getting links, aim for High Authority sites like Wikipedia, Yahoo, Facebook, YouTube, Microsoft, DELL, HP, CNN etc. You can contact webmasters of such sites and do link exchanges with them.
There are many other tips but the main ones that you need to know are listed above. take note of them seriously. Good luck and success in your website campaign. Any questions, comments, suggestions or issues etc?, feel free to drop them. we will respond swiftly.