10 Best Cheap Web Hosting Providers(2024)
With the advance in internet technology, there now seems to be lots of web hosting services out there based on features, cost, capabilities among others.
And it can be confusing, stressful and time-consuming while sorting out the ones that is best for you.
Hence, in this article, we will reveal the best cheap web hosting providers alongside its properties so as to guide you into choosing the best bet for you.
So, without further time waste,
Lets check them out one by one.
SPECIAL NOTE: If you don’t have much time to read, feel free to click on any of these category of topics that interests you for quick access for it will take you straight to it.
- Our Recommendation
- Other Cheap Best Web Hosting Providers
- WP ENGINE
- My Recommendation For You
- Factors To Consider When Choosing A Web Host
I use them personally and during my usage, they have never given me any reason to doubt them at all in every angle.
They are always available for live chat even at 12 midnight.
But if you are compelled to go for one, then it is no other than BlueHost.
Why the final choice of BlueHost?
Continue reading below to know why….
This is my BEST bet so far.
I say this because their services are tailor-made to suit any individual or company who are just starting out in creating a new website.
Infact, it is what I use personally for my blog – Chetaweb
Lets check out what makes them the best (to me) below;
To assist a beginner kickstart his website with ease, Bluehost offers the lowest plan(shared plan), comes with basic features as such;
1. Themes: It offers lots of customized themes in various niche to choose from.
2. Data Storage: SSD storage of over 50GB is very huge compared to other webhosts. Infact, with this storage, you can upload as many content as you like.
3. Secured Server Layer(SSL): They offer FREE SSL certificate to protect your website from internet hackers.
4. Content Delivery Service (CDN): With free CDN network installed, your website can load much faster when assessed from anywhere worldwide.
5. Backup: As you upgrade, you get free backup in case of any crashes, downtime or hackers activity. So you have nothing to worry about.
6. Cost: Even if you are broke, you can still afford the cheapest plans for as low as $2.75 per month.
7. Customer care support: This is one reason i highly recommend them: they are ready to respond to issues anytime anyday even at 12am midnight.
See these features below. images don’t lie.
Other special additional features include the following;
1. They have domain privacy and protection to avoid domain blacklist
2. you can use File Transfer Protocol (FTP) to download, upload files to your web server. you can create unlimited FTP accounts.
3. They offer SEO tools to help optimize your website to boost search engine rankings.
4. Free Domain Name for 1 year. After 1 year, charges occur.
5. Automatic WordPress installation: so you don’t have to worry about the technical side of installing it yourself.
6. And many others.
Finally, all Bluehost plans come with automatic core and plugin updates, resulting in a more secure website with fewer vulnerabilities.
If at later time, you want to upgrade to dedicated or VPS package, they are available for you and can be integrated using one-password account. This is called multi-server management.
In addition to the SSL protection, there is also another security feature called SiteLock which detects security vulnerabilities and threats before they do damage to your website.
So, if you want to create one, be it a blog, ecommerce, business site, entertainment or any niche at all either at beginner or intermediate level, BlueHost is the best web host to go.
All for as low as $2.75 per month for a period of 36 months(3 years). So if interested, feel free to check the button below:
How To Use And Install BlueHost For Your Website
To be able to comprehend this Step very well, we recommend you watch this video below to have a general overview of the bluehost account settings;
Once you are done with watching, lets proceed;….
The following images below describes steps to follow to register for on bluehost site.
First, Visit BlueHost and click the “Get Started” button as shown below.
Secondly, you select any hosting plan of your choice but i will suggest you go for the recommended one (choice plus). it has more much advantages.
You can go for the PRO plan if your site is for business.
Thirdly, Put in your domain name if you don’t have any. But if you had one already, put it in the 2nd box.
Please choose the one that is right for you.
Then choose your domain extension e.g. com, org, net, co, uk, us, edu, info etc.
If you want to run a personal blog, you can choose “.com” or if it is an organization, use .org or if its a school, use .edu etc though not compulsory.
But if you wish to create a domain later, click “i will create my domain later” button below the 2 boxes
Fourth, after completing the 3rd step, you will be taken to bluehost registration page where you will input your personal info and other details;
Fifth, you choose your plan (if it is not there already), then check or uncheck the appropriate ones that suits or doesn’t suit you.
You can still register the unchecked ones later at your convenient time.
Finally, click “Submit“
Once you have clicked “submit“, you will see this message below;
Once your payment is successful,
Your Domain name is now ONLINE.
What is needed now is to install WordPress.
How do you do that?
Let me walk you through!
There is what we call cpanel.
Your cpanel can be assessed through this link; Your bluehost cpanel
Your cpanel username and password will have been emailed to you or you can register for them.
Once you are logged in, Visit the “Marketplace” to install WordPress to the root of your site or to a sub-directory.
Here are the steps to get it done;
You can follow these 2 links from bluehost to guide you very well; Bluehost Install help1 and Bluehost install help2 Credit to bluehost for the links.
Steps To Follow below;
1. Login to your bluehost cpanel account. Find the “website” section and select “Install WordPress”.
2. Click the “Install” Button
3. Choose the domain name to install it to. In the field next to the domain, you can enter a subfolder such as ‘blog’ or leave it blank if you want the site’s main page to be the blog.
4. If necessary, you can edit the email address, username and password for the new WordPress installation. Click “advanced options” and you can change those settings.
5. Read through the license and service agreements and check the boxes.
6. Select the Install Now button
Once the installation is complete, you will be taken to your website administrative dashboard as similarly shown below;
Once you are in this dashboard, BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU
Your website blog is ABSOLUTELY READY 100%.
What you need is to customize your site or change your theme completely to another if you don’t like the current default theme.
But if you wish to go through the list of best cheap web hosting providers, then lets continue.
Other Cheap Best Web Hosting Providers
This is another package that is very good for newbies in terms of ease-of-use and flexibility and i rate it as my 2nd BEST bet anytime.
Infact it is what I use to run my 2nd website.
And below are the features that makes me opt for dreamhost starting from the lowest plan as stated below;
1. Unlimited Traffic(Bandwidth): you have no fear of crashes should your lots of traffic flow through your website now or much later.
2. Good SSD Storage: this makes your file storage and transfer more secured and efficient without fear of loss. you can also store as much content as possible.
3. Free SSL certificate: you dont need to pay for one. SSL cert offers protection for sensitive info e.g. credit card, personal info, emails etc. Just install and have safe of mind.
4. Free website Builder: No need to purchase any theme if are OK with this. it comes with free editor, site wizard, professional free templates.
5. Free WordPress Migration: you can migrate your WordPress site to dreamhost platform with its free migration plugin.
6. Cheap cost: it is very cheap i.e. 3.95 per month on a yearly basis which is ideal for you.
At higher upgrades, you can utilize the backup facility to backup your web files in case of hacks or crashes. so you have nothing to fear about anytime.
In addition, you get unlimited emails so if you are running it cooperate, you can create customized emails for your staff and departments.
Aside the above, it also comes with some special features to add an extra advantage for you.
– 1-Click Install WordPress: No need to worry about any technical knowledge. it comes with 1-click install function at a go for WordPress and other Apps too.
– Customized Control Panel: Our intuitive control panel gives you admin access to all of your DreamHost products. Easily update domain information, add users, adjust email settings, gain access to promotions and more.
– 24/7 Customer Support: Even at 2am early morning. they are always at your call. How sweet can that be!
– Solid State Drives(SSD): Its offers special solid drives that runs at higher efficiency than the normal ones – 20X faster performance
– 100% Uptime Guarantee: dreamhost provides an average of 99.99% uptime.
Finally, One Unique Feature i love about dreamhost is that aside the 24/7 customer care, they offer free WHOIS privacy protection for your domains, a feature that other webhosts offer for at a cost.
So what else are you waiting for?
All for as low as $3.95 per month but you can get it for just $2.59 here:
So, give it a try.
you wont regret it, i assure you.
Immotion web hosting is now taking over the stage gradually in terms of competition with others such as bluehost, dreamhost etc.
For its lowest plan on the minimum package(shared), these offer some basic features that suits an average earner and newbie as shown below;
1. Unlimited Bandwidth: This means inmotion has the capability to carry traffic no matter how heavy it is without crashing the site. so when it comes to traffic, you have nothing to worry about.
2. Cost: For as low as $2.49/ month for 3 years, i must say that it is very much affordable and cost effective. if unsatisfied at any time, you can cancel off.
3. Speed and performance: Inmotion uses ultrastack servers which boost website load speed, optimized server side caching and performance
4. 10GB SSD Storage: Though it might not be much when compared to others but it is still very sufficient to contain all your contents and files e.g. videos, images, articles etc.
5. Free Email addresses: they offer limited email address which increases as you upgrade more and more from 5 to 10 to 50 to unlimited. so you create for yourself and staff.
With these features as you can see above, it wont be out of place if you choose to go for inmotion.
But aside these features, there are special others that add more functionality and credibility as shown below in image form;
2 reasons why i love inmotion web hosting is that unlike other web hosting providers,
– Firstly, inmotion offers Automatic BackUp facility for FREE at its lowest plan. Meaning that you don’t need to upgrade to enjoy such backup.
– Secondly, they dont offer SSL security alone, as you can see below, they offer DDos, malware and hack protection.
See this below;
– Thirdly, they offer 2, 3, 50 to 100 MySQL & PostgreSQL databases as you upgrade in plans
So, if interested, you can click here: INMOTION WEB HOSTING PLANS to assess inmotion and more of its features.
Just like other web hosting providers, they offer shared, dedicated and VPS packages
And unlike other web hosts, with the VPS packages also available for Linux operating system too.
This is one unique feature about hostwinds hosting.
Now, aside that, there are other basic features that makes it stand out from others such as
1. Unlimited Bandwidth: No matter how soft or heavy your traffic flow is, your website will be able to sustain it without any crashes.
2. Unlimited Diskspace: With unlimited SDD storage, you can store up lots of articles, videos, images etc as files on your web server with any limitation and crashes.
Other features that are included in all packages are
3. Unlimited Emails accounts
4. Unlimited subdomains
5. Free SSL certificate security
And other common features such as SDD drive storage, website builder, auto-install, free website transfers, instant setup and many others.
See below for more:
Night Backups: You get an opportunity to use our nightly cloud backup add-on service to backup your website files on a regular basis should serious crash occurs.
Website Monitoring: your website is monitored 24/7 and a ticket is automatically raised to inform the technical staff should an issue rises.
Full Management: The management team of hostwinds are always available 24/7 to respond to queries via chat or ticket.
One Unique Feature i love about hostwinds is that at its lowest plans, they offer unlimited email accounts and unlimited subdomains. Others dont offer these as unlimited.
So, if you want to enjoy these stuffs based on your wants, you can access them here: Hostwinds Web Hosting for more info and placing an order.
It says it is eco-friendly. How good can this be.
But it does not mean “eco-friendly” in literal form. it simply means that it uses energy-renewable data centers and servers to run its hosting plans.
“Energy-renewable” is the keyword here. meaning it can run for as long as possible
So don’t get confused over it.
Also, in addition, they offer hosting plans that are very friendly, well-suited and compatible in terms of these following basic features below;
Just like other web hosting services, they also offer similar basic features;
1. Unlimited websites: This means you can set up as many websites as possible under one hosting account.
2. Unlimited email accounts: create as many email as possible. Good for corporate businesses.
3. Unlimited web space: you can upload many content files on your website.
4. Free nightly backups: nightly backups are being run background regularly to backup your files.
5. Free CDN: Through this, your website loads faster with ease as well as aiding in search rankings increase.
6. Unmetered data transfer: your website can be able to accommodate a sizeable amount of traffic from medium to large but if it because too much, you need to upgrade.
7. Customer support via chat, telephone or emails: More options are made available for quick, fast responses.
8. Free SSL security: All private info e.g. credit cards, passwords, emails etc. are encrypted and secured from unwanted interference.
9. Free WordPress auto-updates and installations: your WordPress is keep fresh and secured via auto-updates.
10. And many others.
These and others features are what makes greengeeks a good place to host as you can see below;.
In addition to these basic features, they offer all these special features that makes using greengeeks worthy of use.
All of them in details below;
The UNIQUE FEATURES that makes greengeeks stands out at its lowest plan, it offers FREE backup facility, unlimited email accounts, unlimited storage space, unlimited databases and LS cache included too.
This is not the same with other hosting services. check for yourself for i am not lying.
And it offers all these features at giveaway price of just $2.49/month only if you click here to see for yourself:
Are you seeing what I am seeing above?
That is approximately a dollar for a plan.
This definitely tells us that this plan is the lowest ever among other web hosting providers out there.
Surely, almost everyone, even a student can start off his internet marketing campaign even without finances.
Now, Lets check out what this $0.99 plan offers below:
1. Disk Drive Storage: Also known as SSD storage, this plan offers 30GB which is a lot for at least a beginner or newbie.
2. Bandwidth space: you get upto 100GB which is cool for a newbie. atleast traffic wont just begin to rush in within days or months. it will take time.
3. MySQL database: you get up to 2 of them. They are necessary for storing your website files especially data.
4. Email accounts: for a start, you get 1 email account but it increases as you upgrade.
5. WordPress management and acceleration: Hostinger makes use of litespeed cache for wordpress(LSCWP) to boost performance and make your website load faster.
6. SSL Security: The SSL certificate is available for you to install free-of-charge. So this will make your traffic visitors feel protected while inputting personal, sensitive details e.g. credit cards, passwords, emails etc.
7. And others such as weekly backups, PHP configurations, cron jobs, hotlink protection, cloud linux, webmail access, DNS management, inodes etc as shown below;
As you can see above, images do not lie.
So, definitely this is probably the best package for everyone especially if you are starting off newly but low on budget.
Other special features include;
– High Quality website Hosting: hostinger comes with premium features to make website perform faster and better
– WordPress Optimization and performance: Here, you will get the best results with LiteSpeed powered caching and custom-built advanced optimization.
– Free Domain and SSL included: Through this, your website get improved security and search engine rankings.
– User-friendly Control Panel: With Hostinger easy-to-use control panel, even a novice will be able to launch your website within minutes.
– 24/7 365 Customer Support: Have issues and need urgent response? they respond within seconds via live chat.
So, with all these features, you can kickstart your website on a bright note.
And as it begins to gain momentum month by month, you can then upgrade to enjoy even better features.
Now to gain access to this $0.99 hostinger plan or higher, it is just a click away here:
I wish you the very best of luck.
By cost, this happens to be one of the cheapest web hosting services as you can see below;
Just $1.99 per month for a period of 36 months.
And you get to enjoy extra unlimited features (unlike the hostinger plan) such as the following
1. Unlimited websites: This offers you the chance to create unlimited websites under one hosting account. you cannot find this anywhere in other web hosting services.
2. Unlimited disk storage: you can upload and store as many contents and files as possible without fear of limitations.
3. Unlimited Email accounts: if you are running it as a company website, you can create many email addresses for your departments and staff.
4. Free Domain: No need to purchase an extra domain as there is a free one for you for 1 year.
5. Free Website Builder: you may not need to purchase any theme. with free website builder, you can build up a your website from scratch.
6. Free SSL security: As for safety, ipage has got you covered by offering free SSL certificate. Just install it. Finish!
7. Unlimited MySQL databases: Create as many databases as you need for all of your hosted websites.
Aside these features i mentioned above, ipages comes with;
– Designing and building tools such as website builder, wordpress 1-click installer, customizable layouts, setup wizards, content management systems
– Ecommerce tools such as paypal integrations, online store, shopping carts, email marketing integration and easy 1-click installer.
– Email tools such as POP3/IMAP email accounts, autoresponders, customizable emails, email forwarding, virus checking etc.
– World class technology such as site traffic reporting, 24/7 network monitoring, control panel, performance servers, UPS power backup and generators.
Ipage is surely the best bet for anyone who want to make products online i.e. setting up an ecommerce site because it contains ready-made tools for it already as seen below:
To take a look more on ipage and its features, this link: IPAGE WEB HOSTING offers you access to their website.
And if satisfied by these features, you can order.
When it comes to hosting speed, WP Engine stands out from others.
As you can see below, they invest in Turbo Servers that speeds up website 20x higher for its lowest plan unlike other web hosting services.
To view the features of A2 hosting, click the “shared hosting features” as shown above and you will see them as shown below;
The basic features are much the same like other hosting services;
1. SSD Storage: it can store files of upto 100GB
2. Unlimited email accounts: create as many email addresses as possible.
3. Unlimited data transfers: your website will be able to handle a good amount of traffic with crash.
4. Free SSL certificate: You can install SSL to protect sensitive info on your website and make your traffic browse with peace of mind.
5. Free website builder: if you don’t want to buy premium theme, no problem. free web builder is there for you.
6. Free and easy site migration: you don’t need to pay to transfer from one web host to another.
7. Website staging
One Unique Feature about A2 hosting is that its makes use of Turbo servers who are very fast in terms of site migration and website loading which helps in enhancing user experience and boost in SEO rankings.
If you love the speed part of it, what are you waiting for?
This link: A2 WEB HOSTING will gain you access to their website where you can check out and place an order.
This happens to be the second cheapest web hosting starting from its lowest plan as below;
That is about $1.44/month for 2 years at a go.
Very cheap if you ask me.
And it comes with the following features below;
1. Free Domain Name: you get free top level domain names as .pw, .online, .press, .website, .agency, .tech, .digital, .studio, .live, .center, .fun Hence depending on your niche, you can pick any of these.
2. 3 websites: with one hosting account, you can create 3 websites and more under it as you upgrade
3. SSD Storage: it offers upto 20GB for you to use in storage files and contents
4. Free website builder: you can start building your site right away without any premium theme yet
5. Free automatic SSL installation to protect sensitive info on your website.
6. Unmetered bandwidth: Dont worry about website crash due to traffic. this bandwidth got you covered
7. 30 Free email accounts to start with
8. 50 MySQL databases for storing and retrieving your website information.
9. And more
One Unique Feature i love about namecheap is that it happens to be the cheapest of all web hosting services, hence making it affordable for everyone, even a student.
So it is up to you.
You can carry out your own preview by visiting their website here:
And the last but not the least which is……………….
GoDaddy offers a whooping 100GB on their SSD storage space.
That is very massive for as low as 5.99/month for the 1st year.
Hence this definitely is good for those who plans to upload lot of contents to their website. Also good for blogs and small websites too.
Aside these whooping SDD Storage, lets check out other basic features godaddy possesses just like others as well:
1. SSD Storage: SSD of over 100GB is allotted to you. Good for ecommerce and data- storage sites that does heavy data uploads.
2. Unmetered Bandwidth: No matter how heavy the traffic and file storage is to your site, provided it goes in line with godaddy agreement, you have nothing to worry about.
3. Free 1-click WordPress install: No technical knowledge is needed here. so even a newbie can install wordpress with ease with just 1-click.
4. Free Domain: they offer free top level domains such as .com, .info, email, club, UK, space, org, solution, live, life, rock. you can choose anyone that suits you.
The only dislike for me about GoDaddy is that they do not offer free SSL security for its lowest plans except if you upgrade. This is very much unlike other hosting providers that offer it for free.
Aside windows operation system, Godaddy also offers plans for Linux operating system too.
This is good news for those who uses Linux as their operating system on their network systems.
To enjoy the massive 100GB storage advantage among others, Godaddy Web Hosting is just a click-away.
My Recommendation For You
Finally! finally!! finally!!!
We are done for now.
Over 10 Web Hosting Provider Services for you there that we feel are the very best and cheapest among many others.
And as i have said earlier at the start of this article, my top 2 web web hosting services are BlueHost and DreamHost.
So, if you are bit confused, i recommend you go for them especially BlueHost and have peace of mind with total satisfaction.
I personally use BlueHost so i am speaking from a point of experience and full knowledge.
But whichever one you wish to go for any reasons best known to you, no problem. it is cool.
“Websites should look good from the inside and out.”
– Paul Cookson
Factors To Consider When Choosing A Web Host
I am sure that while reading this article, you might have come across some words that you do not understand.
It is normal especially if you are new to the world of web hosting.
But worry less!
I have put up a very full comprehensive tutorial that covers everything about Web-Hosting here:
The tutorial above explains the following
– what shared, VPS and dedicated hosting is about.
– It shows you the various factors to look out for when choosing a web hosting providers that best suits you.
– It also teaches you about the common terms used in web hosting. Terms such as bandwidth, domain, MySQL, PHP, SSL, FTP, Server and many others.
– Why you really need a web hosting package
– How to install a web hosting plan into your website
– And many others.
Feel free to read it now or any time.
It is all yours.
Furthermore , this video explains some of factors as you choose a web hosting package.
Now, it is over to you
What do you plan doing right now?
Are you creating a website right away?
You have any questions on anything about any aspect of web hosting?
Do you have any questions, issues, suggestions, recommendations, advise etc about anything at all on this topic?
Let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
I am 100% available to reply to your comments one-by-one.
Thanks for your time, patience, endurance, attention.
Till I see you again in my next post, I remain your friendly neighbourhood spiderman.
Your friendly neighbourhood SEO tutor.
Bye for now.